Prairie Primer/Little House in the Big Woods - Week 2

Pa's grandfather made his own maple syrup. Here is a video about making maple syrup...

The Ingalls girls loved to hear Pa playing his fiddle. We listened to fiddle and folk music on pandora.com by searching for "Old Man Tucker" - a favorite song sung by Pa.


Laura and Mary said this prayer every night. It reminds me of the prayer I used to say when I was little, too. My girlz memorized it when they were younger but have since forgotten it so we are re-learning it this week.
Pa kept a loaded gun above the doorway of his house so we studied about gun safety...

The Ingalls family went to a grand party at Pa's father's house where they had a great time eating and dancing. Being city girlz, I had to educate my girlz as to what square dancing was...

Children in pioneer days learned how to knit at a very young age. My girlz know how to crochet but I think they would like to learn how to knit, as well...

SKIN




No comments:

Post a Comment